[Academic]Domestic Credit Exchange Program for Summer 2023
Domestic Credit Exchange Program for Summer 2023
[from Korea University to Others in Korea(Outbound)]
[Note on Credit Transfer from Domestic Universities]
● Credits for the academic foundations and major-required courses can be niether recognized nor transferred.
● Major-elective courses offered by KUBS can be nierther recognized nor transferred.
● For Major-elective courses that are not offered by KUBS, the syllabus should be reviewed and approved in advance. Please contact the KUBS administration office(02-3290-2703).
1) Regular Semesters: The one who is currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at KUBS and has completed two or more semesters(one or more semesters for transfer students) at KUBS
Summer/Winter Sessions: The one who is currently enrolled or on leave for the undergraduate program and hascompleted two or more semesters (one or more semesters for transfer students) at KUBS
2) The students who are expected to graduate in August 2023 are not eligible to apply for the credit exchange program. (Grades for the summer/winter sessions cannot be recognized).
3) The students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above up to the semesters prior to the application
2. Application Period and Participating Universities
1) Upon receiving notification of credit exchange programs from host universities, the information will be posted immediately at https://registrar.korea.ac.kr/eduinfo/program/internal_out.do (*periodically between April-May)
2) Participating Universities (* 36 Universities)
The Catholic University of Korea, Konkuk University, Kyungnam, Kyung Hee University, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Kookmin University, Duksung Women’s University, Dongduk Women’s University, Pusan National University, Sangmyung University, Sogang University, Seoul National University, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, University of Seoul, Seoul Women’s University(Regular Semesters Only), Sungkyunkwan University, Sungshin Women’s University, Sookmyung Women’s University, Yonsei University, Yeungnam University, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology(UNIST), University of Ulsan, Korea Military Academy(Regular Semesters Only), Ewha Women’s University(Summer/Winter Sessions only), Inha University, Chonnam National University, Jeonbuk National University, Jeonju University, Chung-Ang University, Changwon University, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST), Korea National University of Education, Korea National University of Arts, Hankuk National University of Foreign Studies, Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Hanyang University
* Credit exchange is only possible with above 36 universities partnering with Korea University.
1) The applicants fill out the the application form(for KU students) attached and visit the KUBS administration office to submit it.
* If the host university requires a separate form, the applicant must also fill out and submit the form as well along with the application form.
※ For the students applying for the credit exchange program for the summer session 2023, the applicants can submit the forms(including the application form for KU students) through email with their university account only. However, before and after sending the email, make sure to contact the KUBS administration office(02-3290-2703) to confirm the email recipient and whether the email has been received.
2) If a student wishes to take the courses outside of his/her first major through the credit exchange program, he/she must obtain confirmation from the department chair of the relevant department/college of the courses, and then submit the application form with confirmafion to the KUBS administration office.
4. Exchange Capacity : The number of exchange is within the acceptable range of the host university (usually up to 10 students during regular semesters and no limit during summer/winter sessions). However, for the Korea Military Academy where regular semester exchange is only possible, the number of exchange is limited to a maximum of 30 students per semester.
5. Limitations on taking courses at other universities
1) Students can choose their home university or other universities to earn credits.
2) The students must take the courses from eneral electives, core electives, teacher education at KU, and they must take at least half of the required credits for major courses (including second major, minor, and dual degree) at KU.
3) The students cannot take the same courses that they have already taken at KU through the credit exchange program.
4) The students cannot retake the course at KU that they took at the host university.
6. Maximum Number of Credits
The maximum number of credits that a student can earn per semester through the credit exchange program is determined according to Article 48 and 49 of the [Korea University Academic Operation Regulations].
7. Course Registration and Add/Drop
The students must follow the regulations of the host university.
Before KU’s add/drop period for course registration, submit the cancellation form for KU students to the administration office so that the students can register for courses during the add/drop period.
9. Grading and Applying for Credit Transfer
1) Grading standard for the courses taken through the credit exchange program will follow the regulations of the host university, while the transfer precess for credits and grades will be based on KU’s regulations.
2) The students who wish to have credits transferred through the credit exchange program must apply for credit transfer within 60 days after the start of the first semester following the completion of the exchange program.
10. Credit Transfer Process
1) Upon receiving notification of grades from host universities, the administration office will immediately notify the students of their grades.
2) Grades earned at host universities are not included in the calculation of the cumulative GPA, but are only included in the total credits earned.
3) Process for inputting information into the KU portal system (find the attached for the details.)
1. After clicking on the "Request for Approval of Credit Transfer" button at KU portal, the student can find the relevant academic records.
2. After confirming personal information, the student should input required information such as course title, grade achieved.
3. After inputting all the information required, the student should click the "Final Submission" button and print.
4. After printing the form, the student should fill in the information regarding the classification of the course and whether it is a substitute course. Then, the student should receive confirmation and signature from the department chair.
5. The complete form with the signature of the department chair should be submitted to the administration office.
6. As the student's transcript can be verified through the official notification from the host university, there is no need to submit the transcript separately.
7. For KUBS students, please follow the process above up to the fourth step filling in the information regarding the classification of the course, and then submit it to the administration office for further stepts for the confirmation from the department chair.
- For the courses taken outside of business such as second major and/or minor, the students must first obtain approval from the relevant department chair, and then submit the form to KUBS administration office.