[Academic]Guidelines on Applying for Student-Designed Major in the 2022-1 Semester
2021.10.06 Views 124 국제실
Guidelines on Applying for Student-Designed Major in the 2022-1 Semester
※ School Regulations: Constitution of Korea University, Chapter 4, Article 35(Classification of Majors) & Academic Operations Regulations Chapter 6, Article 3(Student-Designed Major) & Guideline for Student-Designed Major
The ‘Student-Designed Major’ is designed to accommodate the interests and career goals of students with broad interdisciplinary interests that cannot be satisfied within one of the traditional Korea University majors. Upon satisfying the graduation requirements of both first and Student-Designed Major, students with Student-Designed Major shall be conferred with the bachelor’s degree of each major. Curriculum of Student- Designed Major should be created by combining a minimum of three Korea University majors’ and must contain 36 major credits or more in total under the guidance of academic advisor of Student-Designed Major.
1. Eligibility: Under the Constitution of Korea University, Article 35, applicants should have registered for more than three semesters(those who do not have been designated their first major are ineligible).
※ Exchange students or students who apply for a Mid-semester leave of absence during the semester of application will be disqualified even after being announced as successful applicants.
2. Application Dates: Oct 5, 2021 (Tue) 10:00 ~ Oct 29, 2021 (Fri) 17:00
3. Application Location: Applicant shall submit the application to the department office of applicant’s first major
4. Documents to be submitted (application form for student-designed major in the attachment; '학생설계전공 신청양식')
5. Application Process
① Student-Designed Major students shall design the curriculum under the guidance of academic advisor and should obtain the permission of the university president after adhering to certain selection procedure.
② Details of selection procedure mentioned shall be set forth separately in Guidelines for Student-Designed Major or council for student-designed major.
6. Announcement of successful applicants
- Date: Dec 16 (Thu), 2021, 17:00 (KUPID)
1) The mandatory regulation of completing a second major is applied to students entering from 2004 onward. Students subject to this regulation must complete one of the following:
(1) Intensive Major course of first major, (2) Double Major, (3) Interdisciplinary Major, (4) Student-Designed Major.
2) Students who withdraw second major program before applying for Student-Designed Major and fail to enter the independent major, then they should take an intensive major course in their first major.
3) Intensive major course of first major assumes a similar form to the existing single major system.
4) Among successful applicants those only who retain applicants eligibility conditions during the application semester (ex. registration, approval of pre-taken courses, designation of Student-Designed Major courses, course registration) will be accepted to purse Student-Designed Major from the following semester.