Please enter a search term.
[Academic]Credit Approval Procedure for 2021 Summer Session Domestic Internship Practice
Credit Approval Procedure for 2021 Summer Session Domestic Internship Practice
1) The student majoring in Business Administration who has completed more than four semesters by the 2021 summer session (including students double majoring in Business Administration, or Business Administration majors from the School of Interdisciplinary Studies)
2) Students who will participate in an internship for a minimum of 20 days (excluding legal holidays, voting days and weekends) during 2021 summer session
3) Internships in periods other than 2021 summer session are not eligible for credit approval.
4) Students from other majors cannot apply.
5) In case of the regular semester, prospective graduate student can apply. / For summer/winter sessions, prospective graduate students may not apply.
6) Foreign students must additionally submit a Confirmation of Employment issued by the Global Service Center.
★ International students must submit a Confirmation of Employment which will be (was) submitted to the immigration office (Only full-time work, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week is acceptable).
★ Credit approval is denied when issues regarding wage, visa etc. arise after the internship
7)Part time internship is not eligible for applying for credit approval.
8) Permanent positions or internships transitioning to permanent positions are not eligible.
2. Course Title and Determination of Credit Approval
1) Course Title (Up to 6 credit hours in summer/winter sessions)
Internship Practice I (3 Credits) BUSS467
Internship Practice II (3 Credits) BUSS468
Internship Practice IV (3 Credits) BUSS491
Internship Practice V (3 Credits) BUSS492
2) Credit approval according to the duration of work period
greater than or equal to 20 days ~ less than 40 days
greater than or equal to 160 hrs ~ less than 320 hrs
greater than or equal to 40 days ~ less than 60 days
greater than or equal to 320 hrs ~ less than 480 hrs
greater than or equal to 60 days ~ less than 80 days
greater than or equal to 480 hrs ~ less than 640 hrs
greater than or equal to 80 days ~ less than 100 days
greater than or equal to 640 hrs ~ less than 800 hrs
★ Grades are either P(pass)/F(fail)
★Payment of Tuition and submission of assignments are mandatory for credit approval.
★ The work period and time above should be counted except the legal holiday and voting day scheduled on weekday. (Weekends are excluded)
[Regulations on the Internship Practice of University Students] (Notice No. 2017-115 by the Ministry of Education, Revised in 2017.03.01]
Subject to Chapter 3 (Operation of Internship Semester), the four consecutive weeks of practical semesters (more than six hours a day) are subject to public disclosure.
- The results subject to public disclosure are counted based on the actual attendance date of the student, and the number of days of legal holidays and election days for which on-site practice has not been conducted is excluded from the field practice performance (accredited days).
· You can take any Internship Practice courses (including both major elective course and general elective course) offered by KU and the maximum credits you can get is 12.
· A student who has studied an intensive major in Business Administration: A maximum of 12 credits in Business Administration (major elective course) can be attained through the internship program.
· A student who has studied other than an intensive major in Business Administration (including double major, interdisciplinary major, transferred, multiple major): A maximum of 6 credits in Business Administration(major elective course) can be attained through the internship program.
· A transferred student, who has the first major in Business Administration and studied an intensive major in Business Administration: If the internship program of the previous university has been recognized as a major elective course, the credits will be calculated together.
The acceptable Major Elective credits from previous university
Maximum Acceptable credits of Internship Practice
Less than or equal to 9 credits
Less than or equal to 12 credits
Less than or equal to 15 credits
Less than or equal to 18 credits
Over 18 credits
3. Domestic Internship Practice course schedule for 2021 Summer Session
①Announcement for application guidelines
Refer to Announcements and attached files in homepage
②Online application and Document submission
[Refer to attached files]
Until 2021.5.31.(Mon) 17:00
③ Approval from Department Chair
2021.6.2.(Wed) ~ 6.4.(Fri)
If not approved, credit cannot be acknowledged
(Will give prior notice to those not approved within evaluation period)
Staff in charge will handle in course registration period
Staff in charge of Domestic Internship Program will register
(Automatic Course Registration on 6/10(Thu) ->Must pay tuition by 6/11(Fri))
⑤ Business Etiquette, OT (Must attend)
2021.6.17.(Thur) 18:00 or
Attendance will be checked via ZOOM
⑦Advisor’s visit and interview
Schedule will be determined after consulting with company personnel
⑧ Assignment Submission after End of Internship
Until 2021.8.20.(Fri) 17:00
‘F’ grade for overdue assignments
· Check with company in advance regarding signing KUBS Internship MOU, and submit the form by 5/31(Mon) 17:00
· Course Registration is done for only students who have received prior approval. Therefore, individual course registration is not necessary during course registration period.
(★ However, students must leave enough credits available for Internship Practice registration.)
★ Course registration is cancelled when tuition is not paid. (Must pay tuition within tuition payment period)
★ Course registration for Internship Practice may be delayed (or rejected) compared to regular course registration for each grade, as Internship Practice approval is decided by the Associate Dean.
★ Students may apply by registering and paying tuition in advance, but rejection or cancellation of participation will require students to unregister from the course and get tuition refunds on their own.
★ If working hours are insufficient to receive the number of credits a student registered for, there will be no credit approval in any case. Please check working period in advance of course registration.
(‘F’ will be given when discovered after course registration)
★ In case of working at a startup for credit approval, first consider applying for Technology Entrepreneurship Major. If a student wishes for credit approval as a major elective, please note that the evaluation process will be strict about the checking the company’s corporation establishment, company size, and whether the company fits the purpose of Domestic Internship Program.
4. Required Documents
1) Prior documents
① Printed copy of Online Application – 1 copy (Student)
* Online Application: https://biz.korea.ac.kr/undergraduate/work_apply_form
(KUBS Career Development Center homepage → Community → Domestic Internship)
* Accurately list e-mail, period, personnel overseeing student at the company etc.
* For students who received internship related credits before, write related facts on a post-it when applying (ex. Received 6 credits for internship in 2020 Spring semester)
② KUBS Internship MOU (CEO and Student signature required) – 3 copies
★ Three copies (each for student/company/school) including student signature and company representative seal are required as the document is a three-party MOU.
★ Submit after checking minimum wage, occupational health and safety insurance etc.
③ Application for participation - 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
④ Preliminary letter of approval related to recognition of credits- 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
* Accurately list e-mail, working period (week/hour), course name, number of credits etc.
* Leave advisor’s signature blank (Associate Dean will sign it after evaluation process)
⑤ Letter of self-introduction – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
⑥ Corporation introduction material (Free-Form) – 1 copy
* Submit objective data that provides company information such as brochures, company introduction ppt, documents introducing the company etc., as it will be used in evaluation.
⑦ Document of Internship recruitment confirmation – 1 copy (copy of employment contract is acceptable)
⑧ Transcript – 1 copy (Issued via portal or One-stop center)
-Submit by 2021.5.31.(Mon) 17:00 (No extensions)
-Career Development Center, Korea University Business School Main Building room 304, 145, Anam-Ro, Seongbuk-Gu, Seoul (서울특별시 성북구 안암로 145 고려대학교 경영본관 304호 경력개발센터 앞)
-Submit hardcopies of documents (in person O, Mail O, E-mail X)
- Please do not submit documents in clear file folders and do not staple documents. Use clips, double clips when submitting documents instead. (Use flag post-its to classify documents if necessary.)
2) Assignment submission after internship
① Application Form for Academic Credit Approval – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
② Daily Business Log – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
③ Internship Result Report – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
④ Internship Attendance Record – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
⑤ Internship survey – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
⑥ Advisor’s report – 1 copy: Submitted by advisor
⑦ Performance evaluation - 1 copy (by Company): Staff in charge of Domestic Internship Program will individually request this to company staff
⑧ Internship survey – 1 copy (by Company): Staff in charge of Domestic Internship Program will individually request this to company staff
⑨ Report on Internship experience – 1 copy (Attached file, Student)
- Submit until 2021.8.20.(Fri) 17:00
- KUBS Main Building Room 304, Career Development Center
- Send PDF file via e-mail and submit hard copy as well
※ Notices regarding assignment submission will be notified via personal e-mail after passing evaluation process.
5. Keep in mind:
· Students who have received credit approval must leave enough credits available for Internship Practice registration during course registration/course add/drop period.
· Students must delete courses they will not take during course add/drop period by themselves.
· Please check 100% tuition refund period if the application is disapproved
· Please sign every document that requires a personal signature.
· During Domestic Internship Practice, all notices (assignment format etc.) will be given to personal e-mail written on ‘Preliminary letter of approval related to recognition of credits’ and text message.
· KUBS Career Development Center: 02-3290-2700/ firstname.lastname@example.org