The program provides specialized, high-quality intensive education for executive members, including current and prospective CEOs.
Founded in 2003 as the first Executive MBA program in Korea, Korea University Business School (KUBS) Executive MBA program aims to train and guide competitive candidates to become global business leaders. KUBS leads the way in educating business leaders who want to take their career to the highest level with exceptional academic and practice-oriented curriculum.
- An exclusive program reserved for top candidates tailored to suit their diverse educational needs to become the global business leaders. The admitted students will constantly be challenged along with solid support from KUBS and keep up with the rigorous expectations throughout the MBA program.
- An intensive and thorough curriculum operated on a module basis, in which one semester consists of 5-7 modules (1 module = 2 weeks) with certain time for individual study and preparation is alloted after each module to boost the program's effectiveness. Classes will be held mostly on Fridays (4 hrs) and Saturdays (8 hrs) in consideration of the students' work schedule.
- At the forefront of the global business education - a wide range of joint academic exchange programs with renowned institutions worldwide.
- A program with practical benefits - everything learned in class is highly relevant and immediately applicable to present business management.
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
- Regular Schedule: Friday 15:00 – 19:00 (4 hours) & Saturday 09:00 – 18:00 (8 hours)
- English (optional): Friday 10:00 – 15:00 (4 hours)
- Module-base coursework
- Intensive lectures in a short period of time
- Each semester consists of 5-7 Modules
- 1 Module (two weeks) followed by a week-long break and preparation for the next class.
- Hard Drive
- Offering various assignments, strict attendance policy and performance evaluation.
- Diverse and practical educational methods, such as case-study presentations, simulations, and group projects
- Offering custom-made course incorporating the characteristics of case companies for ELITE project.
- Independent Study
- Meeting student demands through one-on-one Independent Study with a faulty member
- Special Lecture & Summer Class
- Offering special lectures on latest issues of arts and management, philosophical understanding, art history, wine-tasting, international dining etiquette, and more by well-known figures.
|Off-campus Orientation||Introduction to General Management (1)||Introduce an overview of the Executive MBA program in addition to team-building, special lectures on business studies, courtesy training, and experiencing KU culture|
|On-campus Orientation||Introduction to General Management (2)||Learn basic accounting and campus life|
|Strategic Management||Study the elements required for the integration of organizational function and organizational decision making|
|Quantitative Approach to Business||Discuss how to extract useful information from reliable data to use in or reflect on decision-making|
|Organizational Behavior||Define and analyze a variety of organizational issues using a systematic approach to understanding human behavior|
|Financial Management||Learn basic issues related to the financial management of a company and management issues pertaining to capital financing and operation|
|Financial Accounting||Understand accounting issues based on accounting principles, thus nurturing decision-making capabilities|
|********** Summer Vacation **********|
|International Residency Program 1||Take courses at renowned universities and visit local companies in the U.S.|
|Economics||Acquire basic knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics, focusing on decision-making and business fluctuations, respectively|
|Managerial Accounting||Learn how executives utilize cost information to achieve the strategic goals of a business|
|Marketing Management||Acquire strategies for analyzing and solving marketing issues based on various marketing concepts, theories, and techniques|
|International Business||Study new global management trends, global investment strategies, joint ventures, and the effects of multinational firms|
|CEO Special Topic 1||Discuss managerial topics that is necessary for CEO and study a wide range of themes|
|********** Winter Vacation **********|
|International Residency Program 2||Take courses at renowned universities and visit local companies in Asia|
|Innovation & Corporate Venturing||Learn theories and methodologies for new business strategies based on innovation|
|Operations & Supply Chain Management||Understand strategies for decision-making, network design, information systems, ordering, inventory management, delivery management, and outsourcing|
|Corporate Finance||Understand financial assets and the capital market, define the relationship between profitability and risk, and discuss diversified investment, asset distribution, and the evaluation of investment results|
|Consumer Marketing||Learn theories related to consumer behavior and link these to various marketing theories|
|Strategic Human Resource Management||Focus on building an organizational system to achieve business targets and developing a competitive edge using human resources|
|Independent Study||Select and intensively investigate a topic of interest that is relevant to current employment|
|ELITE Project||Select real-life issues facing sponsoring companies and propose a solution with the assistance of external experts|
|********** Summer Vacation **********|
|International Residency Program 3||Take courses at renowned universities and visit local companies in Europe|
|e-Business & Emerging Technology||Learn basic strategic and technological elements essential to the management and leadership of an e-business|
|Business Negotiation||Study the process of effective negotiation, frameworks for systematic analysis, negotiation skills, and win-win solutions|
|Business Ethics||Cultivate the consideration of social and ethical elements in the business management environment|
|B2B Marketing & Channel Strategy||Nurture an understanding of B-to-B marketing and distribution channels and apply this to the development of innovative strategies|
|Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation||Apply decision-making theories based on objective financial data to various case studies|
|CEO Special Topic 2||Discuss managerial topics that is necessary for CEO and study a wide range of themes|
Summer & Winter Sessions and Special Lectures
|Arts and management, philosophy, art history, wine, and global etiquette|
|Special lectures on current affairs by renowned figures|
※ In addition, new courses, which meet student demands, have been developed and introduced continuously.
※ Students will conduct an in-depth study on their area of interest through the Independent Study instead of choosing a specific major.